Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chained

Chained to a rock; bound to the world
Born to this life; with no where to go.
What can I do to escape this pain
Of capture and slavery repeating again.

The world owned me
I thought it was home
I was set free
To choose on my own
I found a new house
Built on a rock
And it shelters me
Protecting its flock.

From out of the womb God spoke to me
He walked on earth so I could be freed. Lashed to a tree; to reverse the curse
Showed me LIFE and how to find rebirth

He shattered the rock and freed me from chains
So I could be free from death’s filthy stain.
This freedom I hold that nourishes my soul
Is not mine to own but his gift I behold.

Living for me, conflicts with his goal
Its not my life to live but my life he must own
When I’m in control on the wide path I flee
With total surrender HE lives in me.

The sparrow has clothes and is being fed
The flower grows strong planted in the right bed
The wind blows the bird its path coming clear
Returning it home where it is held dear.

1 comment: